Wedding season is here and i’ve been busy with bridal makeup trial bookings. I’ve been asked alot recently about eyelash extensions and how to care for them so I thought i’d write a short peice with some usedul tips…..
Eyelash extensions are applied in salons by specially trained therapists. Individual synthetic lashes are carefully bonded to your existing lashes. They last around 8 weeks and will naturally drop out, you can go back to the salon to replace the ones you have lost.
- For the first 24 hours after getting lash extensions, the adhesive is still setting – so don’t touch them or get them wet
- Be gentle, avoid rubbing your eyes, you may pull out your natural lashes
- If you use make up products around your eyes ensure there oil-free.
- Don’t perm or curl your lashes and avoid mascara as this will shortern the life
- Keep your eye area clean to prevent eye infection
If possible try to get a friend or family memeber to recommend a therapist and have a patch test completed a minimum of 24 hours before. For more advice check out BABTAC.