Sophie Ellis-Bextor celebrated her 31st birthday with a night out in London last week. Her eye make up was stunning with layers of purple and gold glitter. The look was finished off perfectly with a natural base and nude lips. If you missed the pictures of her in the papers take a look here.
Isn’t it fabulous? If this has inspired you to apply glittering eye make up this weekend and your not sure where to start here are a few useful application tips to help you get started.
1. It’s important that the glitter shades that you use complement each other, such as silver/blue
2. First use an eye base followed by a medium shade of eyeshadow on your eyelid blended with a darker shade into your eye socket
3. Next, pop on a generous amount of vasaline along your lash line and where you want the glitter to stick.
4. And then use a cotton bud to carefully apply the glitter, build it up in layers. For full effect apply to the lower lash line and inner corner of the eye as well
5. Finish the look with your favourite mascara!
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different colours to see which you like best! x