As a Make Up Artist in Manchester i’ve been using BB creams on my clients for a year. If you haven’t heard of it as a beauty product before or tried one here are a few reasons why it’s a must have product for your make up bag in 2012. I’ve also written my top tips on how to apply it to get the most effective results.
5 Key Benefit…
- Create a perfect make up base, your foundation will be looking lasting and it could even replace your primer. Minimising the appearance of open pores and blemishes
- The moisturising texture is comforting, ideal to protect you skin in cold/hot weather conditions.
- Most have UV Protection plus anti ageing ingredients
- BB Creams are tinted, which helps to even out skin tone. Calming redness (most commonly around the nose and cheeks) This means you will need less foundation and possibly no conealor at all
- Matifies and controls excess shine so you don’t need to continually apply powder throughout the day
There any a range of brands that stock BB Creams. If your on a budget try No7 ‘Beautiful Skin BB Cream’ £12.95 or Estee Lauder have recently launched ‘Beauty Benefit Creme’ £32, exclusive to Selfridges until February.
5 Step Application in Under A Minute…
- Continue using your eye cream and moisturiser
- Apply two pumps of the BB Cream to the back of your hand (pea size)
- Use your fingers to dot an even amount to the 5 zones of the face, (forehead, nose, cheeks and chin)
- Blend outwards using your favoutite foundation brush, until it’s disappeared
- If you don’t have a brush, massage it into your skin with your finger tips