The Bank Holiday is coming soon (3oth August) so why not treat yourself to some new make up. Summer is a great time to look out for new product launches and fabulous limited editions. If you fancy giving yourself a make over here are my top tips for a fantastic look for the Bank holiday.
1. Treat yourself to a dewy foundation with light to medium coverage for a natural healthy glow. No7 have just launched ‘Essentially Natural Mineral Foundation’ (£13) which is gentle, extra moisturising, hides blemishes and comes in 6 shades. Place a small amount on the back of your hand and apply using your foundation brush, start from your nose and blend outwards. Use your fingers to smooth it in around your hair and jaw line.
2. I really like the eye make up look that Make Up Artist Polly Osmond created for Nanette Lepore’s spring 2010 show, using turquoise eyeliner. Clarins do a soft turquoise waterproof eyeliner (£14) which is easy to apply and long lasting. Start by applying it to your upper eyelid from the centre and outwards then open your eye look up and apply to the inner corner. To emphasis your eyes draw a line under the base of your bottom lashes from the outer to the inner corner and use a smudging brush to ensure your not left with a definite line. Finsh with your favourite mascara.
3. Next, create gorgeous lips using Ruby and Millie Lipgloss in ‘Peach’ (£11.50) use it alone for a high shine finish. To achieve fuller lips dot a small amount in the centre of your mouth.
4. Go for Revlon ‘Matte Powder Blush’ in ‘Perfecting Peach’ (£7.49) smile in your mirror and apply to the apples of your cheeks using the brush provided.
5. Finally don’t forget your brows brush them up, define and fill in colour using Mac Eyebrows Pen (£10) which comes in 6 shades.
P.S. If your interested in seeing the eye make up looks that Polly Osmond created check out her images here…