Every bride-to-be wants to be sure there make up stays in one place on her wedding day. Between heat, tears, rain, and lots of hugging, it’s easy for your make up to smear and smudge. As a bridal make up artist in Manchester I like to read top tips from other make up artists, Here are Alexa, of The Glam Fairy, top 10 tips for making sure your make up last and looks great in photographs through out your wedding day.
1. You want a great primer with a silicone base. Silicone fills in fine lines and blocks the sebaceous glands from producing oil so using that as an anchor underneath all the make up makes sure it stays put all day.
2. Foundation: The biggest mistake that brides make on their special day is using a foundation that is not light responsive, meaning it is not absorbing and deflecting light in a way that makes you look great for photos. You need a foundation that mimics the way light bounces on your regular skin so you always want to make sure your make up artist or you do a trial to make sure your foundation doesn’t drop any lighter than your normal skin shade.
3. Neutral shades of eye shadow, no bright colours because you want your look to be elegant
4. Use water resistant mascara
5. Add a little bit more bronzer and blush than you would normally think, because it wears off throughout the day
6. Make sure your eye liner is waterproof. I like M·A·C’s Powerpoint Pencil, it’s amazing! You have about 60 seconds of playtime until it sets and then it won’t smudge
7. A brides skin should always have a nice fresh glow. Products like M·A·C Strobe Fluid and M·A·C Mineralize Skin Finish, placed directly on the cheekbone give off a great cheek highlight
8. Prep the skin with a great moisturizer and face mask, keeping the skin in tip top condition is key
9. De-puff and cover dark circles use a concealor that reflects and hydrates your eye area
10. Seal it. Get a sealing spray to set everything and make it stay all day long. I love Motives 10 Years Younger Spray, Model in a Bottle, Makeup Forever Mist and Fix, and M·A·C Fix Plus spray. It basically sets all your work and keeps everything from moving.
Alexa Prisco is the owner of “The Glam Fairy”, an on location bridal glamour service specializing in makeup and hair for brides. Her business and personality have been nationally recognized with her new hit show “Jerseylicious” on the Style Network.
By Emmalene Sophia
Emmalene is a professional makeup artist based in Didsbury, South Manchester. She provides makeup for brides, wedding guests, TV, photoshoots and special occasions, you can find her at Google+, Twitter or Facebook. To book Emmalene, click here.