Go Vintage This Weekend! Top 5 1920’s Inspired Make Up Tips
If your out this weekend and fancy trying out a new make up technique, why not try a glamorous vintage look? As a Vintage Make Up Artist in Manchester I absolutely love the 1920’s style. Here’s a few hints and tips on how you can create a stunning 1920’s vintage look. Also I thought it would help to have a visual aid so here’s one that I prepared earlier!
Fabulous Flapper Girl Style – 1920’s
- Start by applying your eye makeup with a primer to even out the tone on your eyelid, it will also help to keep your eye shadow in place. Many of the girls in this era wore dark smokey eyes, it’s important to begin with your eyes to avoid spoiling your make up base
- Apply a black eyeliner around your upper and lower lid and finish with a lengthening mascara or false lashes if you prefer a more dramatic effect. Eyebrows were thin and well defined with an eyeliner
- Create a flawless make up base using a liquid foundation with a brush to give you even coverage, dot a under eye concealor in the corner of your eye (the darkest part). Dust translucent powder over the top to set it, allowing your foundation to stay in place for the whole evening
- Your nearly there now, add a pink blusher to add a wash of colour to your face, if your not sure where to place it smile at yourself in the mirror and apply it to the apples of your cheeks
- Finish with a lip liner to emphasis your cupid bow and a lipstick. Deep reds, plums and raspberry shades were popular choices in the mid to late 1920’s
Let me know If you are interested in any other vintage inspired make up looks or if you would like to book a vintage make up and hair event check out Le Keux Events.