Morticia Addams Halloween Makeup
Halloween is my favourite time of year, I’ve got a halloween wedding booking this year and I’m ready to transform the bridal party into zombies, witches and corpse brides. As a makeup artist in Manchester I thought I’d go for a different look for myself this year without prosthetics to cut costs. As I’ve got fair skin and long dark hair it made sense to be Morticia Addams.
What You’ll Need To Become Morticia Addams
- Eye shadow and face primer to mattify your skin
- White watercolour or ultra light Foundation
- Black liquid liner and black brow pencil
- False eye lashes or lashings of mascara
- White, grey and black eye shadow
- Red lipliner and plum lipstick
- Highlighter and powder
- Tools, foundation brush, two eye shadow brushes and a lip brush
- Apply eye primer and face primer to ensure the make up sticks and lasts all night
- I’m going to use a foundation two shades lighter than my skin tone I’ll buff it in with a foundation for full coverage
- Use a silver grey eye shadow to create a smokey look and blend it just past your eye socket
- Apply black eyeliner to both of your eyes on your lid and below your eye. To add depth use black eye shadow in the outer corner of your eye and blend it out with a clean eye shadow brush
- Highlight your cheek bones with a highlighter, such as Benefit ‘High Beam’ and dust grey eye shadow under your cheek bones and down the side of your nose to make it more pointed and defined
- Apply black mascara and kohl black liner to your inner and upper water line to finish the dramatic eye
- Then go for it with a red lip liner to enhance your cupid bow, apply all over and mix it with a matt plum lipstick on top
- Fill in your eyebrows with a brow pencil to create a rounded shape, follow your brow bone and elongate the length
- Set with a translucent powder or fixing spray
If you’re not inspired by this, you could go as Wednesday Addams or Frankenstein’s Bride, Happy Halloween!
By Emmalene Sophia
Emmalene is a professional makeup artist based in Didsbury, South Manchester. She provides makeup for brides, wedding guests, TV, photoshoots and special occasions, you can find her at Google+, Twitter or Facebook. To book Emmalene, click here.