My Top 5 Make Up Artist Skincare And Make Up Tips For Pregnant Women Or New Yummy Mums
While most preganant women skin glows it can also become blotchy, prone to blemishes or tight dry patches.
Changing your skincare routine can help with the above concerns by identifying your skin type and switching to an oil free or a richer moisturiser. You should start to see results in the first week.
As a Make up Artist in Manchester I have created make up looks for many pregnant women and new mums over the years so here are my top 5 make up hints and tips;
- You may see dark pigmentation spots in small areas start to appear on your face. Concealor will hide them, apply it with a brush underneath your foundation to ensure the coverage is precise and even. Disquise dark circles with a light relecting concealor, (lighter than your foundation). Dab it in the darkest part, the corner of your eyes. Apply foundation over the top in the areas where you feel you need extra coverage, usually nose, cheeks and chin.
- If your skin is dry use a highlighter to brighten your skin on your cheek bones or mix with your foundation to add radiance all over your face
- You may notice your eyelashes look sparse so go for a conditioning mascara. Place the wand at the root of your eyelashes to create volume and zig zag for maximum lenght
- Blusher is the quickest and most effective way to instantly add colour and achieve a fresh faced look. Cream blushers are natural and look really gorgeous. Place a small amount onto the apples of your cheeks with your fingers and blend away with your thumb so there are no obvious lines
- Finish with a sheer lipstick to add shine and a touch of warmth to your lips
Remember to drink plenty of water to ensure your skin doesn’t become dehydrated, try to get eight hours sleep and use a gentle exfoliator once a week! x