Prom Makeup Trends And Tips For 2012
It’s a very exciting time of year in my calendar, my diary is full and prom bookings are fast approaching. By now you’ve chosen a beautiful dress and are now probably starting to think about what make up look to go for on the night.
As a makeup artist in Manchester I just wanted to put together a few ideas that are bang on trend for this season along with a few tips.
- First look at your face in the mirror, decide if you have a pink or yellow skin tone. If you have yellow undertones you suit warm shades if pink undertones you suit cool colours
- Then think about your skin type you might have (shiny skin, blemishes – combination/oily) go for an oil free matt/mineral foundation or (tight with dry flakes – normal/dry) go for a moisturising dewy foundation.
- Next is the fun part, would you prefer to focus on your eyes or your lips?
- A popular trend this season has been dramatic eyes, vintage ficks are especially on trend. Apply a gel eyeliner using an angled eyeliner brush. Draw a line as close to your lashes as possible, stop at the end then create a curve shape that heads towards the end of your brows. It takes practise to get the line smooth so you can rest your elbow while drawing the line and use cotton buds if you make a mistake.
- If that’s not the look for you focus on your lips using a lip colour to match your skin tone. coral yellow skin tone, red pink skin tone. Use a lip brush to create a stain, followed by a lip liner to enhance the cupid bow and bottom lip, blot the colour using a tissue then reapply. For a long lasting and shiny finish place a dot of clear lip gloss in the centre of your mouth.
Enjoy your prom and If you have any questions please get in touch email, email@example.com