Suffering From Hayfever = Make Up Nightmare?
If you’re suffering from hay fever, it can be hard to keep your make up in place as a result of symptons such as; sneezing, a runny nose and itchy eyes. If you’ve got a special occassion/interview/first date coming up and you need your make up to look flawless, dont panic!
I’ve put together a few product suggestions along with some great techniques you can use to create longevity.
- Apply an eye base to keep your eye make up in place such as Pixi Eye Bright Primer (£12.50)
- Stick to neutral/warm tones, purples and pink tones shades will enhance the redness in your eyes
- Use a creamy or liquid eye shadow as it’s less likely to smudge such as Bobbi Brown Long wear (£16.50)
- Define your lashes with a Mascara that contains no fibres or fragrance, try No7 Sensitive Eyes(£11.50)
- Buff Mineral Foundation and powder onto your skin, it won’t slide off and is brilliant for sensitive skin. I use Bare Minerals Original foundation as it contains 100% minerals (£23)
- Carry a pot of vaseline with you to moisturise dry areas around your nose and help prevent pollen from entering your nostils
- Pick a bright lipstick to place the focus onto your lips, not your eyes.
- Take care when removing your make up in the evening, use gentle fragrance free skin care and soothing eye make up remover.
Did you know some experts recommend eating locally produced honey, to help ward off hay fever symptoms? x